Birmingham Fabrications are fully accredited for CE marking of structural components for steel structures (BS EN 1090) to EXC2.
What does this mean? Here are the facts:
- As of 1st July 2014, BS EN 1090 became a legal requirement for structural steelwork and aluminium.
- Whether in the form of steel frames or metal roofing, any structural engineers, component manufacturers, and anyone with a hand in the steel or aluminium based components that go into metal buildings/building work, should meet these standards.
- BS EN 1090 for structural steel is a requirement for products to be sold in Europe, and any organizations that design and/or manufacture steel components must adhere to this standard.
- Our EXC2 covers agricultural buildings, residential or commercial structures and more.
- CE Marking declares that your product complies with all applicable European Directives and Regulations.